If you haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior yet, we’d love to talk you through how to do that. The basics are as follows:
We are all bound by sin. Sin simply means the evil things that we do. We all inherently know that we have a sinful nature, whether we like it or not. God did not create us this way, but he gave us free will to choose good or evil and we chose evil. But the good news is this, God did not leave us without the antidote to our sinful nature, but instead he sent Jesus Christ to live the perfect, sinless life that we could not live, to die the perfect death that we could not die, and to rise from the dead, defeating sin and death once and for all.
Therefore, scripture says that if you confess with out mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, then you will be saved. It doesn’t take any magical words, but simply requires a humble heart and a recognition that you are not the Lord of your life and that you need a savior to help you. Jesus is that savior and he is waiting for your earnest call. Simply confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, while truly believing it in your heart.
Once you do this, we’d love to talk with you about it. Being a Christian doesn’t stop at simply confessing your sins and asking Jesus to rule in your life, but it’s about allowing God to work in and through you to change you to become the person that you were meant to be. Here are some next steps to doing that.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
– Find a church to attend! We’d love to have you join us at FBC!
– Read your Bible! If you need a Bible, we’d love to give you one, just ask an usher or someone in the Welcome Center.
– Get Baptized! Talk to a pastor about signing up for our next Baptism Class and publicly profess your new faith.
– We encourage you to get involved in a Bible study or small group.
– Attend the Newcomers Breakfast, one of which is upcoming soon! It’s a great place to meet other newcomers just like you and learn more about the church and how to get involved and nurture your faith. Check the online church calendar or email the church for more information, email@example.com.
Get connected! Join a small group, bible study or a class. Find a place to serve. We’re here to help you find your place.