Great post about how we can get the most out of going to church on a weekly basis. Pastor Mark Driscoll gives 12 important points that we should all consider. This post originally appeared here: http://markdriscoll.org/12-simple-ways-to-get-more-out-of-going-to-church/
12 Simple Ways to Get More Out of Going to Church
April 8, 2016 Mark Driscoll Blog
1. Go to church.
2. If possible, read and consider the Scriptures for the sermon before you arrive.
3. Pray for your pastor, the sermon, and your listening on the way to church.
4. While sitting in the church, invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you through the sermon.
5. Arrive a few minutes early so that you can collect your thoughts and be present to listen and learn.
6. Don’t text, email, surf the net, or do other things that are distracting on your phone.
7. Take notes of the sermon which will increase your learning.
8. After the sermon and starting with the drive home, discuss with family or friends who also attended what your takeaway was.
9. As needed, listen to the sermon again via podcast in the days and weeks after the service.
10. Don’t compare your pastor to your favorite famous preacher.
11. Don’t come to church with the mindset of a critic seeking to find fault with the sermon.
12. Obey whatever the action point God the Holy Spirit gives you.